Chemeketa Preview Fall 2022
Welcome to our virtual version of our annual New Student Preview Day.
Welcome Message from President Howard
Check out these pages for information on student services, financial aid, academics, student success tips, and more.
On-Campus Preview Days
Salem Campus: Friday, Sept. 23, 10 am-2 pm, Building 2
Yamhill Valley Campus: Thursday, Sept. 22, 9 am-Noon, Building 1, Room 101 (More Information)
The videos, slideshows and links below provide information on a number of things you will want to know to hit the ground running this fall term.
New Student Advising - Getting Started
Counseling & Career Services
Please view this Powerpoint presentation on what services you can receive from Chemeketa's Counseling & Career Services offices.
This Powerpoint presentation will introduce you to Student Accounts and the different payment options available to you.
Chemeketa Bookstore - How to Order Books and More!
One of the first items on your to-do list after registering for classes is to purchase your textbooks and supplies.
Visit the Bookstore on the Salem Campus in Building 1.
You can order books online at bookstore.chemeketa.edu and have your order sent to your home or select pick up at the store or one of our available locations.
The Chemeketa Bookstore offers the following items:
- Textbooks-including eBook, access codes, lab kits and lab manuals
- School supplies
- Art Supplies-30% off the week prior to the start of term and first week of the term and always 10% off with student ID
- Calculators, flash drives, headphones, and more
- Chemeketa imprinted mugs, hats, notebooks, and clothing
The bookstore offers postal services, fax, bus passes and reduced price movie tickets.
Questions? Call the Salem campus 503.399.5131
Visit the website at bookstore.chemeketa.edu for store hours.
Canvas is Chemeketa's new eLearning platform. You can learn the ins and outs of using Canvas in our Canvas for Students course.
Career Work Experience
If you are new to Chemeketa and thinking about taking some online classes, here is some information to help you get started.
eLearn/Canvas is Chemeketa's eLearning platform. You can learn the ins and outs of using Canvas in our Canvas for Students course.
Library & Computer Center
The Library & Student Computer Center offers services both in-person and remotely.
Come checkout some of our resources:
- Research Assistance – Your friendly librarians are here to help you with research needs, in person, over the phone or via chat.
- Study Rooms – Reserve a room where you can work on a group project or study independently.
- Wifi – Having trouble connecting devices to the college’s wifi? Stop by and we will help you get connected.
- Technology help – Do you need help formatting your paper? Computer Tutors are available to help.
- Lending Library – Free textbook checkout for the term! Stop by to see if we have your book.
- Laptops & more – Over 600 laptops available to checkout for the term. Must be registered for the term.
See https://library.chemeketa.edu for hours and more information about both our Salem and Yamhill Valley Campus locations.
Yamhill Valley Campus Tour
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have as you get ready for fall term.
Quick links for the start of term
- Academic Advising
- Financial Aid
- Chemeketa Bookstore
- Textbook Lending Library
- Student Accessibility Services
- Enrollment Services
- Coronavirus Resources & Information
Additional quick links
- Student Resources
- Mission, Vision & Values
- Why Chemeketa
- Visit Chemeketa/Virtual Tour
- Student Payment Options
- Academic Calendar
- Programs & Degrees
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Writing Center
- Tutoring & Study Skills
- Counseling Services