Chemeketa Facts and Stats
Researching Chemeketa as a potential choice for your education or employment? Our facts and statistics for a quick overview.
Student Body (credit students)
- 82% of our students attend part-time
- 18% of our students attend full-time
- 41% of our students identify as students of color
- 51% of our students are female
- 57% of our students are 25 years or younger
- 42% of our students are 26 years or older
- 59% of our full-time students intend to transfer to a four-year college
- 28.3% are here to get skills for a career:
- 10.8% to learn skills to get a job
- 4.5% to improve job skills
- 13% to explore career & educational options
|American Indian/Alaskan Native||1.2%|
|Two or more races||3.4%|
*2022-23 Academic Year
Do You Know...
WHEN CHEMEKETA BEGAN OPERATING AS A COMMUNITY COLLEGE?
July 1, 1970
WHY CHEMEKETA IS THE ONLY COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN OREGON NOT NAMED AFTER A LOCATION?
A contest was held among local high school students. Our first Board of Education selected Salem Tech student Susan Blum's entry Chemeketa. It comes from the native Kalapuya language and means "place of peace."
WHY WE HAVE A PEACE GARDEN?
The Peace Garden was dedicated as a memorial to the victims of the September 11 attacks.