Chemeketa Foundation Scholarships
There are more than 140 scholarships and assistance funds available to new and returning students each year.
About Chemeketa Scholarships
- Scholarships are awarded based on merit or need
- See our list of current scholarships
- When you apply between January and March, you're applying for the next academic year beginning fall term
- If you are not a current student at Chemeketa, apply for admission
- If you are already enrolled in classes at Chemeketa, be sure your major or program of study is current in our records
- If you are not sure about your major or program of study, indicate your intent and write about it in the essay section of the application
- Before applying, you will need to either have applied for FAFSA or ORSAA to obtain your estimated family contribution (EFC) score
- Foundation scholarships are open to all students, including students without a social security number
How to Apply
Applications are accepted January 1 through March 31 this year.
This is the ONLY period you can apply for Chemeketa Foundation scholarships. You only have to fill out one application to qualify; late applications will not be considered.
Steps to apply –
- Log into My Chemeketa
- Select the Services tab
- Select Scholarships & Resources from the menu on the right
- Click on Foundation Scholarships
- Eligibility depends on complete answers to all questions
To begin preparing for the application, you can view the essay questions and helpful tips at any time.
Scholarships are awarded each year beginning at the end of March. The Foundation will continue awarding first-round scholarships through July. Students are encouraged to continue checking their My Chemeketa email account weekly for a scholarship notification through the beginning of fall term as scholarships will continue to be re-offered throughout the year.
Expectations of Scholarship Recipients
You are required to write a personal thank you note and submit a photo if you receive a scholarship. These details will be sent to you with your award notification through your My Chemeketa email.
You will need to maintain your scholarship requirements including enrollment level and grade point average to keep your scholarship each term.
Plagiarized letters will not be accepted. Learn more about preparing these documents –