Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Leadership & Management
Earn your Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Leadership and Management and prepare for management positions in your chosen field.
topics Business Management
Skills & InterestLeadership
CareersBusiness & Management
Why choose a Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree in Leadership & Management?
Chemeketa's new Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Leadership and Management will prepare you for a variety of industries as a leader in organizations small and large.
What will you learn?
Completing your BAS degree opens up even more doors for your career. This degree offers training in strategic planning, mission fulfillment, team-building and leadership, marketing, research and interpreting financial and business reports.
The BAS in Leadership and Management prepares you for employment in local, state, or federal government agencies, or in the private sector in a variety of settings ranging from health care to manufacturing and other enterprises.
What will you do?
Completing the Leadership and Management classes will enable you to be a leader in many careers. Positions in management range from entry-level jobs such as manager trainees or assistant-manager positions all the way to top-level management, such as vice president of operations in public or private sectors with businesses or non-profit organizations.
Some careers in management may include –
- General or Operations Manager: Middle level to top management responsible for overall business operations of small to large organizations in one location or large geographical areas
- Functional Manager: Middle to top management in larger organizations responsible for certain units or departments within an organization (ex. managers of human resources, finance and marketing departments)
- Sales Manager: Middle to top management level in small to large organizations responsible for the revenue generating operations of an organization in one location or large geographical areas
- Procurement Management: Entry level to top management responsible for activities of the purchasing department of an organization (ex. procurement clerks, purchasing agents and purchasing managers)
How to Apply
Download the application and complete the fillable form.
Save the form using your last name first name.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- In the subject please say BAS application
- Attach the completed form
- Attach a copy of your transcripts showing your earned Associate of Applied Science degree (unofficial copy is fine for now)
We will acknowledge receipt of your application within two business days so if you don’t get an email acknowledging we have your application, please send again.
Applications will be accepted, if seats are available, until September 1, 2023
Information for Employers
Who will fill your shoes?
Succession planning in any organization is both key to long-term success and challenging. Many organizations have great people who can become part of the succession plan with just a bit more investment.
Invest in your employees
When you look at your team you will quickly know that person who is always ready for any challenge. Sending them to Chemeketa's Bachelor’s of Applied Science program in Leadership and Management will show them your willingness to invest in their future with your organization.
Real time returns on investment
Classes in this program will return immediate results as your employee learns about their strengths and increases their capacity in strategic planning, effective communication, and critical thinking. Using their real-life experience, your employee will return from each class with ideas and energy.
Designed for working adults
We know how valuable employees are and how precious their time is. This program will meet one evening a week for seven terms. Students will complete additional work online so we can use the face-to-face time for engaged conversation and active learning. After a long day at work the last thing your employee wants is to sit and listen to a 3-hour lecture. Be assured they will find the class time engaging and the online work meaningful.
How can I support my employee as a BAS student?
- Hand pick your “go to" employee to apply for the program
- Provide work release to attend class and complete homework
- Use tuition reimbursement to invest in your employee
- Provide leadership experiences that allow your employee to learn on the job
- Engage your employee’s learning by having them share during team meetings
Information for Students
Prepare for the job that doesn't even exist yet
We live in a rapidly changing world and everyday jobs are created that no one planned for. The BAS in Leadership and Management provides thinking, planning and communication skills that will adapt to any new challenge or opportunity and allow you to stand out as the prepared leader.
Break through the paper ceiling
If you are the "go to" person at your job now but can't take that promotion because you don't have the right degree this program will help you break through that paper ceiling. This program enhances your existing skills with knowledge and skills that will clearly demonstrate you are ready for the next level.
You will learn to:
- Think like a leader
- Act like a leader
- Create opportunities for leadership
Admission to this program begins late spring with classes starting in September in Fall Term. This program runs 7 terms and meets one evening a week with students completing work for each class online as well. The classes are mapped out to allow students to build on current experience and classroom learning. Each course will contribute to a personal portfolio, preparing students to demonstrate increased readiness to employers. The second year will include the flexible 15 credits which allows students to combine credit for prior learning with work-based leadership projects to enhance that personal portfolio.
- Earned Associates of Applied Science with GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Access to reliable internet and ability to complete work on college LMS.
- Ability to attend class one evening a week for seven terms.
- Work experience in field demonstrating increasing responsibility.