Chemeketa Apprenticeship Resources
Select HVAC/R or Sheet Metal for details.
Make the Most of Your Apprenticeship
Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS)
- Successful completion of all APR courses for your program on a Chemeketa transcript
- Copy of your journey card (22 credits)
- Six general education courses with a C or better
- MTH095, Intermediate Algebra, or higher
- WR121, Academic Composition, or higher
- Digital literacy requirement--choose one of the following courses: BA131, CA100, CIS101, CIS120; or DRF165
- Human relations requirement--choose one of the following courses: PSY 101, 104, 201, 202, 206, 237, 239, 282; or SOC 204, 205, 206, 210, 213
- General education electives--choose two courses of at least three credits totaling a minimum of eight credits with a course number of 100 or above chosen from one of the following academic areas: ART, ASL, ATH, BI, CH, CLA, COMM, CIS, CS, ENL, ENG, FA, FR, GE, GEG, GEO, GS, HDF, HE, HOR, HPE, HST, HUM, JNL, JPN, MTH, MUS, NFM, OC, PH, PHL, PS, PSY, RD, REL, RUS, SOC, SPN, SSC, SSP, WR, WS
Additional Resources for Degree Seekers
Call 503.399.5255 or email for assistance.
Take the placement assessment to see what math and writing course to take first.
The major code for Construction Trades Apprenticeship AAS is 0030 and Electrician Apprenticeship is 0031. Make sure you have the correct major.
Use Degree Works (login.chemeketa.edu) to check your progress and see your major. There is a form to change your major.
The catalog year is the first year you started taking classes.
There is a form to transfer classes from another institution. You will need to submit an official transcript to Chemeketa. Make sure your major is correct before filling it out.
Financial Aid & Admission
Apprentices may be eligible for financial aid.
After filling out the Free Application for Students Aid (FAFSA), notify the Chemeketa Financial Aid Office that you plan to be "less than half-time" for your enrollment level, if you are only taking apprenticeship courses.
On your Chemeketa Admission Application, list your track as Construction Trades, General Apprenticeship -
HVAC/R, Plumber and Sheet Metal major codes
- 0030 for the AAS degree - Construction Trades Apprenticeship AAS
Electrician major codes
- 0031 for AAS degree - Electrician Apprenticeship AAS
Email Apprenticeship for help changing your major.
You are welcome to participate in Chemeketa’s graduation ceremony to celebrate your successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Follow the link to learn how to participate.
These vendors offer tool discounts for Chemeketa apprentices and students:
- Current students enrolled who show a valid Chemeketa student ID
- Tool discounts apply only to in-store (not online) purchases
- Discounts not offered on tools purchased for the companies with whom students work
- Discounts not available on parts or equipment, and purchases for "side work" not supported or condoned
1. EOFF Electric, 2950 22nd St SE, Salem
2. Industrial Welding Supply, 1995 Commercial St NE, Salem
3. Johnstone Supply, 3080 22nd St SE, Salem
4. Platt Electric, 1275 14th St SE, Salem
5. RSD Supply, 2837 22nd St SE, Salem
6. Thermal Supply, 3120 22nd St SE, Salem
Contact for information