Celebrate the accomplishments of Chemeketa graduates at the Commencement Ceremony.
Chemeketa’s 2021 commencement ceremony will be virtual!
Celebrate your achievements with a virual commencement ceremony. The college will hold two very special ceremonies-- one to honor the acheivements of our GED, High Schools Partnerships, and High School Equivalency programs and another for our college degree and certificate earning students. Chemeketa also invites all class of 2020 graduates to participate in this year's virtual ceremonies!
Details about how to participate in the virtual ceremonies will be announced in mid to late March. Keep an eye on your MyChemeketa email and the commencement website for updates.
Dates: June 10 & 11, 2021
Thursday, June 10 at 6 pm - Ceremony for High School Partnerships, GED, and High School Equivalency (HEP) graduates.
Friday, June 11 at 6pm - Ceremony for College degree and certificate graduates.
A computer near you! Streaming information will be provided closer to the ceremony.
How to Participate
APPLY TO GRADUATE – IMPORTANT DATES
Graduating is not automatic. You must apply to graduate.
March 22 - Cap and gown purchasing begins through Herff Jones
March 26 – Commencement registration opens in MyChemeketa
April 30 - Deadline to submit an Application for Degree or Certificate form if you want your name to appear in the Commencement Ceremony program.
May 11 - Last day to register for commencement in MyChemeketa
May 14 – Last day to purchase cap and gown online through Herff Jones
June 10 and 11 - Commencement day
To participate in the June 2021 commencement ceremony, students need to register by filling out the commencement registration form located on the Graduation page in MyChemeketa. (MyChemeketa - Services - Graduation - Commencement Form).
Students will need to know their student portal login information to register. To log into your student portal, go to https://login.chemeketa.edu and use your Chemeketa login information. If you haven't recently logged into Chemeketa systems, you may be required to change your password and provide answers to challenge questions. If you've forgotten your userman or password, you can retrieve it by clicking on the "Need help?" link on the top right section of the login box. If you experience any technical issues while signing in, please contact our IT Help Desk at 503.399.7899.
- Online registration for commencement will end May 11, 2021. Students must register for commencement in order to be featured in the virtual ceremony. Students will not be able to register to participate after this deadline and will need to participate in the June 2022 ceremony.
- College certificate and degree seeking students will also need to submit an Application for Certificate or Degree form to the Graduation Services office in order to have final credits reviewed for graduation.
- Students who have completed or plan on completing final credits to meet program requirements from Summer 2020 through Summer 2021 are eligible to participate in this year's commencement ceremony.
- If you completed program requirements from Summer 2019 through Spring 2020, you are welcome to participate in this year's virtual ceremony.
CAPS & GOWNS (REGALIA)
Caps and gowns are optional! If you want to purchase a cap and gown, please visit Herff Jones. Any cap and gown purchased will be shipped directly to you! We will not hold any on campus grad fair events.
Order Online – March 22 through May 14
Purchase your cap and gown and academic regalia online through Herff Jones to be shipped directly to you.
Cost: $30.00 + 7.95 shipping*
March 22 - May 14
Online purchasing will end May 14 at 11:59 pm.
If you purchased your gown online, we recommend you keep the confirmation email from Herff Jones until the cap and gown is received at the address you provided.
Graduates of one-year certificate and two-year degree programs wear black. Graduates of the High School Completion programs, HEP, and GED wear green.
*If you have questions about caps and gowns or potential refunds, please contact Herff Jones customer service.
No tickets needed this year! Information about how to access the virtual ceremony will be provided at a later date.
DETAILS FOR COMMENCEMENT DAY
The ceremony includes the following:
- Messages from the college President, Board of Education, and other speakers
- Recognition of student achievements
- Presentation of certificates, degrees, and diplomas
- Each student will have an individualized slide announcing their name and credentials earned
- Closing message from President and tassel movement
Information about where to stream the ceremonies will be posted at a later date.