GED at Chemeketa Polk
We can help you prepare for your state General Equivalency Diploma (GED) tests through our GED testing preparation classes at the Chemeketa Polk Center in Dallas.
GED classes at the Polk Center are offered both face-to-face and remotely using Zoom during class time.
A Welcoming Environment for Earning your GED
Brush up on your academic skills, prepare for your General Educational Development (GED) tests through ged.com, and prepare to transition into college credit courses. We prepare you for four tests covering language arts (writing and reading), social studies, science, and mathematics. Please visit ged.com for additional information on testing, and to learn how to schedule and take your GED tests. GED testing scheduled through ged.com is now available to be taken through PearsonVue on the Polk Center's PearsonVue testing services days in Dallas (days vary
GED Preparation Classes through the Polk Center -
GED preparation classes held through the Polk Center in Dallas:
- Winter term 2024: January 8 through March 23, 2024
- Class meets both in-person or on Zoom during scheduled class hours
- Mondays-Fridays 8:30-11:20am (in-person or on Zoom) and Mondays & Wednesdays 5:30-7:50pm on Zoom
- Students need access to internet and a computer/laptop in order to participate in classes (phones or tablets will not work for class participation)
- See admission information below for admission and orientation information
STUDENTS 18 OR OVER - Must submit the online Admissions Application
Polk 18+ GED Information Sheet
- Apply for admission as a GED seeker
- Check your email to obtain your Chemeketa student identification number (K#) and student username, then follow directions to claim your student account.
- After you have your K# and have activated your student account, schedule a mandatory GED orientation by contacting Nancy Harper at 503.316.3242.
- Register for classes
STUDENTS 16-17 YEARS - Must complete a paper application shown in link below.
See the Polk GED process and application for students ages 16 or 17 Students must send the completed and signed Underage Approval (16-17) forms with high school/home school authorization to the Polk Center at email@example.com, or by mail.
For more information, contact the Polk Center at 503.623.5567.