Chemeketa Apprenticeship and MWEC partnered to develop a pre-apprenticeship program for youth.
Pre-Apprenticeship Prepares You for Skilled Trade careers
The pre-apprenticeship program helps you develop the knowledge and skills to compete for multiple apprenticeship programs. The Mid-Valley Sheet Metal and HVAC/R committees award five points to applicants with a pre-apprenticeship certificate.
Pre-apprentices take classes and build a portfolio that includes –
- First aid/CPR and OSHA training certificates
- Trades courses like welding and carpentry
- College credit for the APR 101 Trade Skills Fundamentals class
- Industry certifications like forklift operator and welding
- Obtaining an Oregon driver's license
Get a Head Start on a Well-Paying Career
- Learn about different registered apprenticeship programs
- Participate in construction-related field trips
- Accumulate skills to compete with older apprenticeship applicants
- Receive recognition at graduation
- Develop a comprehensive portfolio and resume
Schools interested in Pre-Apprenticeship
Contact Megan Cogswell.