Gain hands-on training and employability skills if you are new or returning to the trades. Complete the program in one to two terms.
How to Participate
You may submit your Interest Form to the Apprenticeship office by email
Fall class closed - accepting Interest Forms for Winter 2024
How to Enter the Program
Step 1: Submit your Interest Form one of these ways -
- in person
Step 2: You will receive a reply after submitting your Interest Form -
Expect a phone call or email with your next steps.
Email us any questions you may have.
Cost & Financial Resources
Program costs may include tuition and fees of the required courses. If grant funding is available to cover your tuition and fees, you will be informed after you submit your Interest Form.
You may qualify for more than one funding program.
College programs may provide financial help -
- Age 18 or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of Math 70 or higher OR a qualifying math placement test score
- Reliable transportation to Chemeketa
- Computer or tablet to complete online assignments (loaners available)
- Wi-Fi access
- Eligible to register for classes at Chemeketa (no outstanding balance on your account)
Receive industry-recognized credentials that may be able to help you secure a Registered Apprenticeship position and a job in construction.
- A certificate that demonstrates you have completed a Registered Pre-Apprenticeship Program
- College credit for courses
- APR 101 - Trade Skills Fundamentals
- An employment-related course or internship
- OSHA 10 card
- First-Aid/CPR card
You also may be able to receive and keep items from the BOLI ODOT grant -
- Safety clothing
- Gas cards
Chemeketa placement testing for Apprenticeship
- Submit this online form to chose your test: placement assessment
- Answer all questions. Under the Intent section, choose “I am applying for an Apprenticeship...”
- Within five business days, you will receive steps on how to take your placement test.
- You will take the placement test at home, online and at your convenience.
- Once completed, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a PDF copy of your results within two business days.
Questions or concerns? Contact email@example.com
Pre-Apprentice Certificate requirements
APR 101, Trade Skills Fundamentals (4 credits). Performance-based learner outcomes
- Use information to select the trade as a career.
- Apply industry standard safe workplace behavior.
- Use trade-specific vocabulary in workplace situations.
- Make common trade calculations.
- Use safety standards with selected power and hand tools.
- Read a basic blueprint.
- Identify rigging slings, hitches, hardware, and signals.
One of the following
- CWE Internship course (2 credits) OR
- FE 120 Career Jump Start Course (3 credits) OR
- CTE college course in sheet metal, HVAC/R, electronics, welding, automotive, diesel, or drafting
- OR other approved course
- High school transcript showing one year of algebra I or higher with a C or better OR
- Community college math placement test scoring with placement into Chemeketa’s Math 070 or higher or equivalent OR
- Math 070 or higher at Chemeketa on a college transcript or equivalent course at another college or university
HS diploma or GED by completion of the program
Safety Training - First aid/CPR course, AND (choose one)
- OSHA 10 OR
- Forklift Operator OR
- Flagger Training OR
- EPA Refrigerant Handling Certification OR
- Other approved safety course
One of the following (not for credit class)
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion training course OR
- Anti-Harassment Training
Sponsored by Mid-Valley HVAC/R, MA 2026, and Mid-Valley Sheet Metal, MA 1060