breadcrumbs-home chemeketa-community-college-abstract-logo chemeketa-community-college-abstract-logo cross minus plus menu search oregon chemeketa-instagram chemeketa-logo-full-color envelope-o star check close home chevron-left chevron-right plus2 chevron-up chevron-down twitter facebook envelope linkedin angle-left angle-right angle-up angle-down rotate-left instagram
Jump to Header Jump to Main Navigation and Secondary Navigation Jump to main content Jump to Footer

Chemeketa is proud to serve those who’ve served

Veterans Services

Chemeketa’s Veterans Services provides information about eligibility, admission, financial aid, GI Bill® and many other important college resources to help you reach your educational goals.

Services for Veterans

Veterans and active duty service members dedicate their lives to serving our country and its people. We believe it is our duty and privilege to repay that service by giving them the help they need to reach their educational goals.

Chemeketa Veterans Services provides the following services to veterans and eligible family members:

  • Our Veterans Resource Center (located in Building 2,  Room 116) offering free printing, a small computer lab, coffee, and a safe place to connect with fellow veterans
  • Connect with Peer Advisors from our PAVE program to assist with navigating the college environment and adjusting to civilian life
  • Connect about needing assistance with classes and resources both on campus and in the community
  • Information on the eligibility criteria for the various educational benefit programs administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
  • How students can compare the different GI Bill® benefit programs for which they may be eligible
  • Assist veterans and eligible dependents in completing applications for the different educational benefit programs administered by the Veterans Administration
  • Steps to follow when applying for benefits
  • Information on Chemeketa degrees and programs that are approved for veteran educational benefits
  • Information on the regulations and application deadlines for requesting an advance payment of GI Bill® benefits
  • Information on how veterans can have their schooling at other colleges and their military training evaluated for credit as a Chemeketa student
  • Monitoring and reporting to the Veterans Administration, student compliance with state and federal regulations in regard to program requirements, grades, prior credit, satisfactory academic progress and program completion and graduation

Get Started

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official  U.S. government web site.

Instructions for Obtaining Documents


    There are two ways to obtain a copy of your GI Bill Letter or Certificate of Eligibility, either through the eBenefits account or the GI Bill website. 

    eBenefits Level II Account

    1. Log onto eBenefits
    2. Select “Manage Your Benefits” on the welcome page
    3. Under “Manage Benefits”, select “Education”
    4. In “Manage Your Education Benefits”, you'll see what benefit you are eligible for, either “Post-9/11 GI Bill® Enrollment Status” or “Montgomery GI Bill® Enrollment Status”
    5. Select your “Enrollment Status” link
    6. Print the page titled “Education Enrollment Status”

    GI Bill® Website

    1. Select “Submit a Question”
      • If you have an existing account, log in
      • If not, create an account
    2. Once you are logged in, select “Ask a Question” 
      • Put “GI Bill Certificate of Eligibility” for the question
      • Ask for a duplicate copy of your GI Bill® Certificate of Eligibility be mailed to you
        • Product is “GI Bill”
        • Category is the benefit you are eligible for
    3. Under the benefit you are eligible for, select eligibility
    4. Submit your request
      • A duplicate Certificate of Eligibility will be mailed to you
  • Obtaining a Copy of Your DD-214

    There are two ways you can obtain a copy of your DD-214. You can either use ebenefits or submit a written request through the National Archives.

    Using ebenefits

    1. If you already have a Level II ebenefits account, log into ebenefits at and
      1. On the “Welcome” page, select the “Manage Your Benefits” option at the bottom
      2. On the “Manage Your Benefits” page, select “Documents and Records”
      3. On the “Access Your Documents and Records page, select the “Military Personnel File” option
      4. Select the “Request your OMPF Information” option
      5. Select “Accept”
      6. Fill in your email address and branch of service and select the document or documents you wish to retrieve from the menus provided.
      7. Select “Submit”
        • You will see an acknowledgement that your request has been submitted
        • You will be notified by email when your documents are ready.
        • You will then need to log back into ebenefits and select the “View Your Retrived OMPF Information” option.

    Make a Request Through the National Archives

    1. Go to National Archives
    2. Select “eVetReces”
    3. Select “Request Military Records”
    4. Read, follow the instructions and provide the requested information
      • Request either an undeleted or deleted Report of Separation
      • Provide information on where you want the document(s) sent
    5. Print, sign and fax your request to 314.801.9049