breadcrumbs-home chemeketa-community-college-abstract-logo chemeketa-community-college-abstract-logo cross minus plus menu search oregon chemeketa-instagram chemeketa-logo-full-color envelope-o star check close home chevron-left chevron-right plus2 chevron-up chevron-down twitter facebook envelope linkedin angle-left angle-right angle-up angle-down rotate-left instagram
Jump to Header Jump to Main Navigation and Secondary Navigation Jump to main content Jump to Footer

Veterans Admission & Registration

Follow the steps to receive your VA benefits, apply for admission to Chemeketa and register for classes.

Steps to Apply

  • Apply to the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs for a formal determination of eligibility
  • Follow the steps to apply for admission to Chemeketa
  • Select a Chemeketa degree or certificate program
    • All degrees and certificates offered at Chemeketa are approved for VA educational benefits, including transfer degrees
    • You make take all classes required to complete your degree or certificate and any prerequisite classes required by your placement test scores
  • Transfer your previous college and Military credits
  • The VA will not pay for any course that has been successfully completed through previous education, but does allow students to repeat courses if your original grade was not high enough to meet program requirements
  • Check your My Chemeketa email for your registration date and register as soon as you can

Download a printable checklist

Transfer Degrees

If you are enrolled in 

  • Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree (AAOT)
  • Associate of Science Oregon Transfer Degree in Business (ASOT)
  • Associate of Science Oregon Transfer Degree in Computer Science

You may take additional classes at Chemeketa that will transfer to a four-year college but must provide confirmation that the class applies to the four-year college's degree. Make sure you have a current advising sheet on file with Veterans Services if you wish to take more classes than those required for your transfer degree.

Changing Your Degree Program

The VA allows you to change your declared degree or program to another one approved for VA benefits. Changing your program will require that any credit earned here and from other colleges be re-evaluated for the requirements of your new program and then reported to the VA.

To change your degree program, complete and submit your form to Chemeketa's Veterans Services